Science Alive Australia Pty Ltd (ABN 16 638 548 428) (“Science Alive!”) is the seller and promoter of the events Science Alive!, Science Alive! STEM Day Out and Science Alive! Women in STEM. This includes the sale and distribution of tickets. Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully before purchasing a ticket. By purchasing a ticket from Science Alive! you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. These Terms and Conditions relate both to the sale of tickets and attendance at events. These Terms and Conditions apply to both the original purchaser and any subsequent ticketholders (“you”).
Refunds, exchanges and replacements
Science Alive! will use the following considerations to action refunds, exchanges and replacements:
- Science Alive! will offer a refund, exchange or replacement as required under Australian Consumer Law.
- Science Alive! will not offer a refund if your request is received within 24 hours of the event start time or post event unless required to by Australian Consumer Law.
- You must make all arrangements to arrive in time to attend the event. Non-attendance will not be considered as a circumstance for a refund.
- Science Alive! will offer a refund or exchange of a ticket if an event is cancelled, rescheduled or significantly relocated (and you cannot or do not wish to attend the rescheduled or relocated event), or to the extent otherwise required by law (including the Australian Consumer Law). You must apply for a refund within a reasonable time.
- Science Alive! does not offer refunds or exchanges as a result of change of mind or change in your personal circumstances;
- If an event is cancelled, rescheduled or significantly relocated, all liability is limited to the amount for which the ticket was purchased (including any fees or charges). Proof of purchase may be required for any refund or exchange. Unless required by law (including the Australian Consumer Law), Science Alive! will not be liable for any other losses incurred by you as a result of the cancellation, rescheduling or relocation of an event, including any travel and accommodation expenses;
- Science Alive! will only replace lost, stolen, damaged or destroyed tickets if the authenticity of the ticket can be verified, including proof of purchase, and if you give reasonable notice before the event.
- You should carefully consider the refund and cancellation policies of travel, accommodation and other goods or service providers when making arrangements for attendance at an event.
- In all cases, refunds will be automatically processed to the credit card originally used for purchase.